Dear Brothers and sisters in Islam,
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.
In response to the tragedy and the suffering in Palestine, an urgent response is needed.
We are now responding at three levels:
- To address the immediate humanitarian needs, FIANZ is donating $25,000 to the Red Cross/Red Crescent for the purpose of helping the people, particularly the children.
- To make the people of NZ aware of the issues, we have been sending a number of media messages highlighting the tragedy and the consequences for the Palestinians.
- Approaching for a formal meeting with the NZ Government to highlight the need for a strong response by our government.
You can help by:
- Making a donation (Account No: 02-0500-0737236-006. Ref: Palestine) Please note, all funds received will be sent to Red Crescent.
- Write to your MP and the Prime Minister with your views. Please also cc us a copy, since we also want to physically send copies to the Foreign Minister and Prime Minister.
- Give us advice on what else we can be doing.
Remaining silent is not an option.