Hiring Halal Slaughterers
Halal Slaughterers are highly valued members of the Alliance Group team, and play a critical role in ensuring our red meat products can be exported to countries all over the world.
Our business operations are dependent upon this very specialist role, and ensures our stock is slaughtered in accordance with Muslim religious requirements to meet our overseas Halal market access requirements.
We are looking for experienced Halal Slaughterers, or people who are interested in training to become a Halal Slaughterer to join us.
We have roles available across our 7 plants; Invercargill, Mataura, Timaru, Oamaru, Nelson, Dannevirke and Levin.
What we offer
- Immediate opportunities for those with all the relevant qualifications
- Paid training for those interested, but don’t currently any relevant certificates
- Practical assessment for those who currently have the theory certifications
- A large organisation with huge opportunity to progress your career
- Job stability
- Competitive pay rates
- Dedicated prayer rooms
- You will be a practicing Muslim and a member of an Islamic Society in NZ.
- Hold New Zealand Certificate in Meat Processing and Meat Product Manufacturing (Halal) Level 3 plus practical assessment OR the willingness and interest to be trained.
- Have the legal right to work in New Zealand
- Be physically fit
- Bring a positive attitude
- Focused on Health and Safety
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test and medical assessment
Applications close Sunday 25 April
Immediate opportunities for those already qualified and paid training for those interested. Apply now – Here