Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam,
The hearing for the sentencing of the Christchurch terrorist starts on Monday, 24 August 2020. This is going to be a very stressful time for our community, some of the members that were directly or indirectly impacted by this act of terrorism may experience anxiety, depression, or distress. If you or anyone close to you is showing any of these signs please make sure they get help and support.
Letter of support: Sentencing Ltr – 23 Aug
Talk to someone:
• a friend or a family member
• free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor
• your GP, who can advise on the best treatment options for you
• a member of your local community mental health team (contact them through your local district health board).
Phone a helpline:
• Need to talk? (1737, free text or call)
• the Depression Helpline (0800 111 757)
• Lifeline (0800 543 354)
• Samaritans (0800 726 666)
• Youthline (0800 376 633)
Youtube videos – produced for our community
NZMA would like to remind our community to take extra care and be vigilant during this period. Please report any suspicious activities or behaviour to the police immediately by ringing 111. I have been advised by the NZ Police that they will be doing safety patrols around our mosques and Islamic Centers.
We pray to Allah Subhana Wa ta Ala to keep you and your families safe and well during this difficult period.